If you like coconut, you’ll like this cake.
1 Box Angel Food cake mix
1 1/4 c coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the angel food cake mix and coconut milk together (the coconut milk will replace the water as listed on the box instructions). In cookie sheet pan, line with parchment paper. Spread cake mix evenly onto sheet.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until it looks a bit browned. While it is cooking, prepare your filling. There are two of them.
1 – Coconut cream mousse. Prepare 1 box coconut cream pudding with 1 c coconut milk. Let set. Fold in 1/2 c thawed cool whip. Chill.
2 – 8 oz whipped mixed berry cream cheese spread. You can buy this at any store in cream cheese section. It is primarily used for bagels.
Fruit Compote- fold together.
1 quart sliced strawberries
3 sliced kiwis
2 c prepared glaze
By now, your cake should be done. Remove from oven and turn onto a powdered sugar dusted dish towel. Roll while still warm. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Time to build! There are seven steps but don’t be intimidated. It is as easy as pie…er…cake!
1. Carefully unroll.
2. With spatula, spread the cream cheese filling evenly on bottom.
3. With spatula, spread coconut cream mousse on top of cream cheese filling.
4. Carefully roll from one end to the other. Don’t press too hard or you will press all of your filling out.
5. Let Chill in fridge.
6. Toast a cup of coconut and a 1/2 cup chopped almonds in the oven (325 for five minutes) or on the stovetop, which is a bit faster and you get more uniform toasting.
7. Prior to serving, use remaining cool whip to cover the top, sprinkle with the nuts and coconut. Dollop fruit compote. This looks beautiful on a platter.