Coconut Tres Leche
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 c water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz coconut milk
- 1 /2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coconut creamer
Topping: canned whipping cream, toasted coconut and maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl mix dry cake mix, butter, eggs, vanilla and water until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Pierce cake with fork tines, chopstick or base of wooden fork, poke holes every couple of inches
- Combine the coconut milk, condensed milk, whipping cream and creamer together. Pour over the top of the cake.
- Prior to serving, spread whipping cream and your fruit of choice over the cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated until about 20 minutes before you serve it.
Strawberry Almond variation: Bake as above. For milk blend instead of coconut milk and coconut creamer, substitute 1 c Italian sweet cream. Add a tsp almond extract. Garnish with glazed strawberries and toasted almonds.